Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adult) – Level 3
- Generic Health and Social Care
- Learning Disability
This course has 9 mandatory units and those units are common for all above three pathways and optional units are decided your selected pathways.
By doing course, you can save your time and enrol at our academic semester time as your convenience. Throughout this course, you will be provided mentor support from our experience team of tutors/assessors, access to online study platform by using your username and password, Reading and study materials including recommended books, Tutorial video, and full guidance for making assessments (portfolios). Also, you will have special online forum for communication with your mentor and other learners who are doing same.
Our programme is well designed that you feel better at your classroom. Mentor support service, reading and study materials, study materials, and forum build your confidence to study well and guide you to get good results and it secures your qualification.
Who is it for?This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. This qualification is designed to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to the health and social care workforce, and can be used to confirm competence in these areas in a wide range of job roles.
What will you gain through the course?
You’ll develop your skills by working and supporting people in a range of situations, and assisting them in daily tasks. You’ll support people by meeting their healthcare social care needs and requirements. You’ll also be able to promote a person-centred approach, communication, and good practice in handling information within Health and Social Care settings – with the expectation that you’ll promote and implement health and safety and equality and inclusion in your own role.
Development of these skills is supported by underpinning knowledge, covering safeguarding and protection and implementing duty of care in your workplace. You’ll actively engage yourself in your professional development and agree a personal development plan to identify areas for your own learning and development – recording your progress on your development plan and reflecting on your progress against it.
CertificationSuccessful candidates will receive a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (501/2263/0) from NCFE, an awarding body within England and Wales who are currently recognised by Ofqual and the Department for Education and Skills.
Mandatory units:The qualification contains 9 mandatory units:
- Unit 01: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care (3 credits)
- Unit 02: The role of the health and social care worker (2 credits)
- Unit 03: Promote person-centred approaches in health and social care (6 credits)
- Unit 04: Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care (6 credits)
- Unit 05: Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings (2 credits)
- Unit 06: Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings (3 credits)
- Unit 07: Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings (3 credits)
- Unit 08: Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings (2 credits)
- Unit 09: Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care
Depending on your interests or role in the workplace there’s a vast range of optional units to implement the skills and knowledge that you’ll gain from the mandatory units. It is important to note that optional units need to be specific to each learner to ensure that their job role and work context enable them to meet the assessment criteria and requirements of the unit.
Please find our “Brochure” to see a list of the optional units available for you to choose from.
Delivery & Assessment
How this Qualification is delivered?This is a vocational qualification with between 315 and 447 guided learning hours During this time you can expect to be involved in formal learning activities which could include:
- Class room
- Tutorials or seminars
- Coaching and mentoring
- Supervised practical work in the workplace and assessment where an Assessor is present.
Method of Assessment:As this is a competence-based qualification you’ll be assessed in a real work environment – therefore you’ll need to either be working, or have a work placement within a Health and Social Care environment (there aren’t a set number of hours for a placement so you’ll need to ensure that you’ve completed sufficient hours to enable you to develop and evidence your skills).
How are the assignments submitted?Assignments (Portfolio) are submitted electronically (online) via email to the teacher or assessor.
Career PathThe qualification is supported by employers from the Health and Social Care sector. Successful completion of the qualification confirms your competence in any of the following job roles (depending on the pathway chosen in the qualification and your own particular interests):
- Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in residential settings
- Senior healthcare assistants/support workers in community and primary care environments
- Senior healthcare assistants/support workers in acute health environments
- Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services.
- Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services.
- Senior support workers in supported living projects.
- Community-based senior care assistants/support workers/key workers, including those. Working in specialty areas such as dementia and learning disabilities.
- Personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families.
- You don’t need any specific prior learning requirements to take this qualification, but you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification within the Health and Social Care area.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
How can I book?
You can book this course by calling to our office and also, you can walk into our office to book your course. All reading and study materials will be provided upon completion of bookings. We could also come to you to if you have sufficient delegates with you.
To take advantage of this training opportunity and come away with the knowledge, tools and a recognized qualification to pursue a rewarding career in teaching or training. Contact us today on 0208 553 2000.
Why you choose us?
- All the study materials are provided as printed copy and softcopies (electronic copies) including Module book, and text book etc.
- We keep the numbers of learners on these course to a maximum of 15 per classroom, so the ratio of Tutor to Learner is optimum for achievement.
- Excellent and flexible teaching by our team of experienced tutors/trainers.
- Unlimited refreshments in your classroom.
- Access to Mock exam and mentor supports.
- Effective and efficient administrative service from our staff for your inquiries
- Comfortable learning environment in all our training centers/venues.
- Career development services and counselling
- Support for finding a job – You can access and register for our job portal (jobsite) to find the employers.
Special OfferUpon successful completing you will have the option to opt in to our free CV/ or Personal Statement service. Also you will reserve £20 off when you refer a friend for the same course and, all learners who complete this course qualify for 50% off on any one of the courses below:
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- Professional Receptionist Training Course
- Office Admin & Reception Training Course